Did you know that Toyota has had a commitment to being environmentally friendly for decades? One revolutionary way they have achieved “Green” status is with the production of the Toyota Prius. The Prius was the world’s first mass-produced hybrid passenger vehicle. This year, the Toyota Prius is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Toyota of North Charlotte is here with all the information you need about the latest Prius model, and how Toyota has made an impact in conservation.
How the Toyota Prius and other hybrids have made a difference
To some, 20 years doesn’t seem like that long of a time to have an actual impact on the environment. You may be shocked to know that in the time since the release of the Toyota Prius, the volume of gasoline saved by Toyota hybrids could have taken us on over 1.5 million round trips around the earth and the moon! Here are some other ways that Toyota green cars have helped the environment:
- Mitigation of air pollution – One of the benefits to getting a hybrid in North Charlotte is the lower amount of money you’ll be spending at the pump. This reduction in the necessary amount of fuel also means fewer pollutants being released into the atmosphere.
- Reduction in ground-level ozone – Ozone and ozone pollutants that are closer to the ground can be harmful to people and animals. That’s why North Charlotte hybrids are a great way to reduce this pollution! Hybrids give off up to 90% fewer emissions than conventional cars, which helps keep ground-level ozone low.
- Reduction of CO2 emissions – The 10 million Toyota hybrids that have been on the road these past two decades have saved an estimated 77 million tons of CO2! That’s thanks to their electric motors working in tandem with their gasoline engines.
How exactly do our cars accomplish such great things? Well, let’s take a look at the 2017 Toyota Prius in North Charlotte to see the technology and features that keep it green:
- A combined fuel economy of 52 mpg
- Green tech like the JBL GreenEdge speakers
- Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission
- Electronic Throttle Control System
Toyota hybrids in North Charlotte
Sometimes finding a car that fits both your style and your needs can be difficult. If you want the fuel efficiency of a hybrid, but need something with more room than a Toyota Prius, you’re in luck! There are tons of Toyota hybrid models available. Here are some of our North Charlotte experts’ favorite models:
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Toyota Mirai
Are you looking to join the Toyota Prius family? Or maybe you have your sight set on another fuel efficient hybrid? Toyota of North Charlotte has what you’re looking for! Come visit us at 13429 Statesville Road to check out our inventory. You can reach us by taking Exit 23 off I-77 in Huntersville. If you already know what car you want a closer look at, schedule a test drive by calling us at (888) 883-3797.