Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series Dinner: Fahrenheit vs. Southminster
Date(s) & Time(s)::
August 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Location: Bonterra Restaurant and Wine Room
The Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series, a single-elimination tournament highlighting the best of the state’s food, agriculture and culinary talent, is kicking off the competition for the Fire in the City series. At stake – one local chef being named regional champion and moving on to the Final Fire battles, competing to earn the statewide championship.Return to event list.
The best part – YOU can be the judge! Charlotte area residents can get in on the action, serving as dinner guests at the interactive events. At each dinner event, guests are served a blind six-course meal without knowing which chef prepared each course. Alongside culinary and media judges, diners rate each dish using an interactive app, ultimately determining who moves on to the next round and who goes home.
All Fire in the City events are held at Bonterra Dining & Wine Room, located at 1829 Cleveland Ave in Charlotte. Tickets for preliminary battles are $59 excluding beverage, tax and tip. All tickets must be reserved in advance at www.competitiondining.com.
• Aug. 18 Dinner: Luca Annunziata of Passion8, versus Clark Barlowe of Heirloom Restaurant
• Aug. 19 Dinner: Tom Dyrness of Mama Ricotta’s, versus Brian Mottola of e2 Emeril’s Eatery
• Aug. 20 Dinner: David Feimster of Fahrenheit, versus David Quintana of Southminster
• Aug. 25 Dinner: David Moore of Gallery Restaurant, versus Ben Philpott of Block and Grinder
• Aug. 26 Dinner: Brent Martin of The Summit Room, versus Jon Spencer of Epic Chophouse and Chillfire Bar & Grill
• Aug. 27 Dinner: Chris Coleman of The Asbury at the Dunhill Hotel, versus Brian Williams of Upstream
• Sept. 2 Dinner: Nicolas Daniels of The Wooden Vine, versus Paul Ketterhagen of Carpe Diem
• Sept. 3 Dinner: Jon Fortes of Mimosa Grill, versus David Sullivan of Fish Market Bar and Grill
How it Works:
Two chefs compete in every Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series event battle, each preparing three courses centered on a secret or featured ingredient that comes from a North Carolina farmer or artisan producer. Featured ingredients are revealed to the chefs only an hour before they start cooking that day and must be used in each course.
The Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series is unlike any other dinner experience in the country. It hosts five regional tournaments throughout the year, including the surrounding markets for Wilmington, Asheville, Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte. For 2014, 16 of some of the best local culinary talent in each area will compete until a final winner emerges. Each regional winner moves on to the Final Fire Battle of Champions that will be hosted in Raleigh this November to crown a statewide winner.
About The Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series:
The Got to Be NC Competition Dining Series is sponsored by the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Pate Dawson-Southern Foods, Certified Angus Beef®, Pepsi Bottling Ventures, the NC Wine & Grape Council, Hits Technology and local partners in each region of the state. The goal of the series is to celebrate local North Carolina products and agriculture, and to showcase the culinary ingenuity and talent across the state. For more information, visit www.competitiondining.com or get in on the conversation at www.facebook.com/competitiondining and @CompDiningNC on Twitter or Instagram.