Baby Shower Expo Text Contest Official Rules
Deadline: 5pm, April 29, 2013
3 Winners: The Baby Shower Expo will be giving away gift baskets from Sugar Bear (ARV $40)
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. WCCB News Rising viewers and our followers on social media will be encouraged to join the VIP text Club from 8am to 12pm on April 29. VIP text club members will be sent a text between 12:30pm and 3pm with a keyword to text in for a chance to win. Winners will be notified via text message at 5pm.
Deadline for entries is 5pm on April 29.
1 entry per person.
ELIGIBILITY: To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of the Baby Shower Expo, and its affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winners consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner must sign an affidavit/waiver that releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
3) Failure to sign Winner’s Affidavit/Waiver and an IRS W-9 form will result in the forfeiture of prize.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize cannot be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Winner will be notified by text message no later than 6pm on April 29. Prize must be picked up in person by May 4 at 5pm at the WCCB Charlotte studio located at:
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm