CMS Board of Education Names Six Schools
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education approved names for six schools at their Tuesday night meeting. The names will be effective beginning in the 2014-2015 school year.
The school names are:
· Palisades Park Elementary
· Renaissance School of Arts and Technology at Olympic High
· School of Technology Entrepreneurship and Advanced Manufacturing at Olympic High
· School of Executive Leadership and Entrepreneurial Development at Olympic High
· Trillium Springs Montessori School
· Mountain Island Lake Academy
Trillium Springs Montessori is the district’s newest Montessori school. It will open in August. Mountain Island Elementary, now called Mountain Island Lake Academy, is expanding to a K-8 beginning in the 2014-2015 school year. Palisades Park Elementary is CMS newest facility. The school was built with funds from the 2007 bond referendum. It will open in August and relieve overcrowding at Winget Park Elementary.
The Olympic High schools have been renamed as part of the district’s transformation of the school. In December 2013, the Board voted to consolidate the International Business and Communications Studies and International Studies and Global Economics high schools at Olympic High School into a new school with a finance and business leadership theme.