Members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team join 2008 Olympic all-around champion Nastia Liukin and her fellow 2008 Olympic team silver medalists, Chellsie Memmel and Alicia Sacramone, in headlining the all-star cast for the Kellogg's® Tour of Gymnastics Champions. The 40-city tour will stop at Charlotte’s Time Warner Cable Arena on Friday, October 26 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster.
"As our 2012 Olympians head to London to represent their country, we are proud to announce they will be an important part of our cast for the 2012 Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions, which serves as the perfect stage for Americans to celebrate and welcome our Olympians home," said Steve Penny, president of USA Gymnastics.
2012 Olympians currently scheduled to participate in the Kellogg’s Tour are: Jake Dalton of Norman, OK; Gabby Douglas of Virginia Beach, VA; Jonathan Horton of Houston, TX; McKayla Maroney of Long Beach, CA; John Orozco of the Bronx, NY; Aly Raisman of Needham, MA; Kyla Ross of Aliso Viejo, CA; and Jordyn Wieber of DeWitt, MI.
Tickets went on sale Friday, July 20 at 10 a.m. through timewarnercablearena.com, ticketmaster.com, the arena Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, including select Wal-Mart stores, or charge by phone at 800-745-3000. Gym Clubs and groups of 10 or more should call 704-688-9047 to reserve their seats.
Below is the complete list of athletes scheduled to perform during the Kellogg’s Tour of Champions. Due to athletes’ schedules and personal commitments, the cast will vary from stop to stop.
Women’s Artistic Gymnasts
• Rebecca Bross – Plano, TX/WOGA. 2010 World Championships Team silver medalist; six-time World medalist
• Gabby Douglas – Virginia Beach, VA/Chow’s Gymnastics. 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials champion and 2011 World Championships Team gold medalist
• Brenna Dowell – Odessa, MO/ Great American Gymnastics Express. 2010 Pan Am Championships team gold medalist
• Sarah Finnegan – St. Louis, MO/ Great American Gymnastics Express. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team replacement athlete; 2010 Pan Am Championships team gold medalist
• Anna Li – Aurora, IL/Legacy Elite Gymnastics. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team replacement athlete; 2012 U.S. uneven bars bronze medalist
• Nastia Liukin – Parker, TX/WOGA Gymnastics. 2008 Olympic all-around champion; five-time Olympic medalist
• McKayla Maroney – Long Beach, CA/All Olympia. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2011 World vault and team gold medalist
• Chellsie Memmel – West Allis, WI/M&M Gymnastics. 2008 Olympic Team silver medalist; World gold medalist in all-around, team (twice), uneven bars
• Elizabeth Price – Coopersburg, PA/ Parkettes National Gymnastics Center. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team replacement athlete; 2011 City of Jesolo Trophy team gold medalist
• Aly Raisman – Needham, MA/Brestyan’s Gymnastics. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2011 World floor floor bronze medalist and team gold medalist
• Kyla Ross – Aliso Viejo, CA/ Gym-Max. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2012 Kellogg’s Pacific Rim team gold medalist
• Alicia Sacramone – Winchester, MA/Brestyan’s American Gymnastics. 2011 World team gold medalist; 2008 Olympic team silver medalist; 10 career World medals
• Sabrina Vega – Carmel, NY/Dynamic Gymnastics. 2011 World Championships team gold medalist
• Jordyn Wieber – DeWitt, MI/Twistars USA. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2011 World all-around and team gold medalist, balance beam bronze medalist
Men’s Artistic Gymnasts
• Chris Brooks – Houston, TX/Team Hilton HHonors (Cypress Academy of Gymnastics). 2012 U.S. Olympic Team replacement athlete; 2012 Kellogg’s Pacific Rim Championships all-around and team gold medalist
• Alex Buscaglia – Stanford, CA/Stanford University. 2010 Pan Am Championships Team gold medalist
• Jake Dalton – Reno, NV/University of Oklahoma. 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2011 World Championships team bronze medalist
• Jonathan Horton – Houston, TX/Team Hilton HHonors (Cypress Academy of Gymnastics). 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2010 World all-around bronze medalist; 2008 Olympic team bronze medalist and horizontal bar silver medalist
• Glen Ishino - Santa Ana, CA/University of California-Berkeley. 2010 Pan Am Games team gold medalist
• Steven Legendre – Port Jefferson, NY/Team Hilton HHonors (University of Oklahoma). 2012 U.S. Olympic Team replacement athlete; 2011 World Championships team bronze
• Alex Naddour – Gilbert, AZ/Team Hilton HHonors (USA Youth Fitness Center). 2012 U.S. Olympic Team replacement athlete; 2011 World Championships Team bronze medalist
• John Orozco – Bronx, NY/Team Hilton HHonors (U.S. Olympic Training Center). 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member; 2012 U.S. all-around champion; 2011 World Championships team bronze
• Paul Ruggeri - Manlius, NY/University of Illinois. 2011 Pan Am Games team bronze medalist and high bar champion
• Brandon Wynn - Voorhees, NJ/Team Hilton HHonors (Ohio State University). 2011 Pan Am Games team bronze medalist and still rings gold medalist
1996 Olympian John Macready and 2004 Olympian Mary Sanders will also be part of the Tour. The cast of gymnastics champions will be joined by local gymnasts at each tour stop. Acrobatic, rhythmic and trampoline athletes participating in the 2012 Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions will be announced at a later date.
For more information, visit https://usagym.org/pages/events/tour/ or http://www.timewarnercablearena.com/page.aspx?section=events&pagetype=events&id=5520