Local Man to Appear in Court for the Fifth Time on Rape Charges
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - On Monday morning, a Charlotte man accused of rape for the fifth time since December will be in court.
Police say 31 year old Lavatae Evans raped a 19 year old girl at his north Charlotte home earlier this month.
The District Attorney's office dropped the first four rape charges after the women gave inconsistent stories or didn't let doctors perform rape kits.
Police Chief Rodney Monroe said that the Evans case is frustrating and that when public and women see the case dropped time and again that they can't be very reassured that the criminal justice system is going to do something about him.
The DA's office says they are hoping for stronger evidence in this last case.