Girl Gets Sunburn After School Refuses To Allow Sunscreen

Tools

by WCCB Charlotte

SAN ANTONIO, TX-- A mother in Texas is angry after her daughter's school refused to let her use sunscreen during a field trip.

The girl's mother complained to the school after her daughter came home with sunburn.

The school district is off limits because it's toxic, and children may share it.

A spokesperson also says it's a medication and needs a doctor's note.

Mother of the girl, Christy Riggs, says skin cancer runs in their family and her father recently died from the disease.

School spokesperson, Aubrey Chancellor, " We can't allow children to share sunscreen they could possibly have an allergic reaction, the could ingest it, it's really a dangerous situation."

blog comments powered by Disqus
f