Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools to Dismiss Early Tuesday, February 11
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will dismiss two hours early on Tuesday, Feb. 11. The Charlotte region is under a winter storm watch and weather reports indicate that our area will receive a significant amount of snow this week. District leaders have been working with local city and county officials to monitor weather and road conditions.
An early dismissal schedule means:
· All buses will run routes two hours earlier than the normal time.
· All after-school and athletic activities are canceled.
· All field trips are canceled.
· After-school Enrichment Program (ASEP) will be closed, however, staff will remain at sites until all ASEP students have been picked up.
· Community Use of Schools events are canceled.
· Lunch will be served at all schools.
CMS will continue to monitor weather and road conditions throughout the evening. Should there be a change in tomorrow’s schedule, CMS will communicate information by 5:30 a.m.