LOS ANGELES, C.A.--A week after losing two judges, Mariah Carey says she will fill one of the seats.
Carey told attendees at the Television Critics Association she is excited to join as a judge.
American Idol has not yet confirmed the hire. Former judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced last week they would not return to the hit FOX show.
Idol Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe said there's a slight possibility Lopez returns next season.
Lythgoe said Monday, that Lopez told Idol host Ryan Seacrest she was 99% sure she was leaving, but there's a 1% chance she won't.
Lythgoe added that he thought the show should be freshened each season with new judges.