NEWARK, N.J.--A mother and her children are alive because of a split second decision they made.
The New Jersey Family was trapped in their burning apartment and chose to jump out of a window 30 feet up! A 17 year old girl was the 1st to take the plunge.
She broke her toes, but managed to crawl to a gas station for help. A man standing below caught the two younger children and broke the mother's fall.
The family was burning candles because they had just moved out of a homeless shelter and did not have power yet.