BOSTON, M.A. (FOX 25)--There were major developments in the search for the two Boston Marathon suspects Thursday night into Friday.
Investigators claim the suspects went on a major crime spree leading into an east Watertown neighborhood.
11:30 a.m. - Suspect confirmed not to be in Watertown home.
11 a.m. - SWAT still around a home in Watertown. Media has been backed well away from area.
10:30 a.m. - Conn. State Police say Honda CRV that was subject of BOLO was found in Boston
10 a.m. Hour - UMass Dartmouth orders evacuation of campus, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev is a registered student there
8:40 a.m. - SWAT team surrounds home in Watertown, with guns drawn. Officers using bullhorns trying to coerce possible suspect to come out.
8:30 a.m. - "Whatever is in your head is all wrong. You murdered people. Go and ask mercy from the families," said Ruslan Tsarnaev, uncle of 19-year-old Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev on the Fox 25 Morning News. "Everything you believe is false."
8 a.m. Hour - Entire city of Boston put in "Shelter In Place" mode. Everyone asked to stay in their homes.
- The surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect has been identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Chechnya. Both suspects, who sources say are brothers, were involved in a shootout with police after the killing of a university officer. The first suspect was killed and a massive manhunt was underway for Tsarnaev.
- Through public records, FOX 25 identified the dead suspect as 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
— At 5:10 p.m. Thursday, investigators of the bombings release photographs and video of two suspects. They ask for the public's help in identifying the men.
- Thursday night: Suspects 1 and 2 in the Boston Marathon bombings reportedly tried to hold up a 7-11 store
— Around 10:20 p.m., shots are fired on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, just outside Boston.
— At 10:30 p.m., an MIT campus police officer who was responding to a disturbance is found shot multiple times in his vehicle, apparently in a confrontation with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects. He is later pronounced dead.
- A short time later: Suspect #1 and suspect #2 carjacked a Mercedes in Cambridge. This was an armed carjacking. The driver of the vehicle was kept in the car with them for quite some time. That person was released at a gas station and was not injured.
- Police begin to chase suspects into Watertown. Authorities say the suspects threw explosives from the car as police followed it.
- The suspects and police exchanged gunfire, one of the suspects was critically injured and later died while the other escaped.
— Authorities launch a manhunt for the other suspect.
- Search for suspect #2 is ongoing. East Watertown residents are asked to stay away from windows and not answer doors except for an identified police officer. If suspicious of anyone knocking on their door, residents should call 911.