Arrest Made in String of Gastonia Kidnapping & Robberies

This video is no longer available.
GASTONIA, NC – Reginald Rice Jr. made his first appearance Wednesday at the Gaston County Courthouse.
The 21-year-old is charged in connection with the kidnapping of two men from a church parking lot Monday morning.
The judge set his bond at $500,000.
“It was shocking. Very draining. And still is,” explains victim Claude Burdette.
Burdette says he and a friend were forced to withdraw money from several ATMs.
They were at the church to cook breakfast for a prayer group.
“They had a gun on my right side, they had a knife on Tony’s neck,” Burdette says.
That followed two similar kidnapping and robberies over the weekend.
The first Saturday morning at a house on St. Charles Court.
Two men approached the victim and pulled a gun while he unloaded groceries.
Then Sunday morning, Edward Sausville says two men kidnapped him as he returned from a local store.
“I’ve never been robbed before. 70 years old and I get it then,” Sausville says.
Police believe the same two suspects are involved in each of these kidnapping and robberies, with a third suspect driving the getaway car.
So far Rice has only been charged in the last kidnapping.. but police say more charges could be added.
For now.. they’re still on the lookout for the other two suspects.