If it’s time to get some important auto service in Charlotte taken care of, then there are a few different elements that will need some attention. It can be easy to remember to check tire pressure and to get routine oil changes done, but did you know that there are other types of fluid and fluid levels in your vehicle that need some care? At Toyota of N Charlotte, we have a state-of-the-art auto service center on location so drivers can easily get their auto care needs taken care of without a problem.
Get car fluid levels checked at Toyota of N Charlotte!
Getting car fluids checked or maintaining fluid levels doesn’t have to be difficult. With the auto service in Charlotte that we provide, you can take care of your vehicle without a problem. However, we can also share important information on how to take care of this auto service at home on your own, too!
- Oil is a crucial element and component, and is an essential element in order for an engine to function properly. When it comes to checking engine oil levels for yourself, the process is pretty easy. First, make sure the car is turned off and that the engine has completely cooled down.
- Then remove the dipstick and wipe it clean.
- Re-insert it and pull it out again to check where the oil line is and to make sure it’s between the two markings on the dipstick.
- If more oil needs to be added, then make sure not to add too much as this can cause engine damage.
- Checking the transmission fluid is very similar to checking the engine oil. However, there is one main difference – the engine should be on.
- For checking the transmission fluid level the dipstick is normally located close to the oil dipstick. If you see that the transmission fluid is low, then it’s best to bring your car in for auto service because there might be a leak.
- Brake fluid is a pretty simple liquid to check as well. Brake fluid is located in the reservoir, which is typically found in the engine compartment.
- The good news about this fluid level is that brake fluid is often found in a clear container.
- The reservoir needs to be at least two-thirds full. If this isn’t the case, then the brake system might have a leak, and additional brake service might be needed.
Get important auto service addressed today!
It’s important to make sure car fluid elves are maintained. If you’re not sure what kind of service is required to make sure the fluid levels are kept at proper levels – or want them to get double-checked to make sure all is in working order – we’re here to help!
Give our Service Department a call at (888) 378-1214 to set up an appointment, or stop by and drop off your car at our convenient location off of I-77 at 13429 Statesville Road in Huntersville!