Ever wondered what the difference between front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive is – and why it matters? Toyota of N Charlotte has all the information you need to know right here! If you’re in the market to take home a new Toyota in N Charlotte, then it’s important to make sure that it comes with all the features that you need access to in order to make each drive a successful one. If you have an idea of what kind of performance is most important to you, but aren’t sure which vehicles meet your specifications, we can help.
Find a new Toyota near Charlotte that offers the right performance
Regardless of if you’re looking for a new car that can tow heavy cargo or need a vehicle that has a little bit more to offer in terms of speed, it’s important to make sure you’re getting the capabilities you’re looking for. Horsepower and torque are common factors that are taken into consideration when a driver is thinking of getting a new Toyota. However, they aren’t the only elements that should be considered. Whether or not a vehicle features front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive is also incredibly important.
- Front-wheel drive: Front-wheel drive helps the transmission deliver more power to the front wheels which means they’re powering the movement of the vehicle.
- Rear-wheel drive: If your new Toyota has rear-wheel drive, then this means the back wheels move the vehicle.
How do you decide which option is best for you? There are pros and cons to both of these options. The one that’s best for you merely depends on what your personal preferences are!
- If you like your vehicle to weight a little bit less, then front-wheel drive is right for you. Because it has a shorter driveshaft and a lighter drivetrain, drivers enjoy improved fuel economy! This means you’ll be saving some money when you go to the gas station to re-fuel.
- Front-wheel drive typically provides better traction, too. If you think that you’ll be encountering rough weather like heavy rain or snow on a semi-regular basis, then you’ll definitely want to consider getting a new car that has front-wheel drive.
- Rear-wheel drive definitely offers some perks, as well. With rear-wheel drive the power for your new Toyota near Charlotte comes from the rear wheels, which translates into more acceleration. For instance, the 2014 Scion FR-S in N Charlotte has rear-wheel drive, which is part of why so many drivers like to get behind the wheel of this Scion sports car!
- Rear-wheel drive often provides drivers with a steering power that’s more precise and has a better response time, too.
Take your pick of new Scion and new Toyota
Whether you want a sporty Scion that comes with rear-wheel drive, or prefer a vehicle that offers front-wheel drive, we can help you find exactly what you’re looking for at Toyota of N Charlotte!
Stop by and visit us at 13429 Statesville Rd to check out the different options today, or give us a call at (888) 883-3797 to set up an appointment!