4 People Taken to Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Mooresville, N.C. — Four people evacuated a house and were transported to the hospital after having symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Mooresville Fire and Rescue responded to a house on West Center Avenue Sunday and found high levels of Carbon Monoxide. PSNC gas company assisted with the investigation and found a problem with the furnace.

The residents evacuated the house and called emergency crews after they were alerted by their Carbon Monoxide detector.  They were then transported by Iredell EMS to Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.