HICKORY, N.C. — More than a dozen students are being treated for an unknown illness while attending class at Hickory Career and Arts Magnet School.
Officials say they were called to the scene to investigate a possible carbon monoxide leak but they can not confirm if there is an actual leak.
As many as 15 people have been transported to a local hospital. Firefighters have evacuated the area of the school where the odor is coming from and students without symptoms have been relocated to another area of the school.
Check back for updates.