ROCK HILL,SC–An elderly man was killed and a woman was flown to the hospital with severe burns after their home in Rock Hill caught fire just before noon.
Officials say the man, whose name has not yet been released, was trying to light something, possibly a propane heater, when an explosion occurred.
The small home on Hoyle Street in the Boyd Hill neighborhood is a total loss.
Neighbors say the man was in his 90s. The injured woman, said to be in her 50s, was taken to the burn center in Winston-Salem.