CHARLOTTE,NC–Mother’s Day is just around the corner and the BBB wants to inform consumers of a few tips on ordering flowers and getting them delivered on time.
Being one of the bussiest days for florists the BBB says their primary complaint has been flowers not arriving on time, or not meeting the consumers expectations.
“There are 223 florists operating in the Southern Piedmont area and they successfully fulfill thousands of flower orders each year,” said BBB President Tom Bartholomy. “In the last 36 months, the BBB has only had 12 complaints filed against local florists and nine of the 12 complaints were resolved satisfactorily.”
“Finding a local florist is easy. You can go to BBB.org, input your zip code, and type the word “florists” in the search box,” added Bartholomy.
If your ordering your flowers online or by phone, most large flower delivery company’s subcontract to local florists.
Many of the large companies are listed below.
1-800-Flowers (BBB grade A+) is Accredited by the BBB. Consumers have filed 714 complaints in the previous 36 months, all of which have been satisfactorily resolved by the company.
FTD.com (BBB grade A+) is Accredited by the BBB. Consumers have filed 1,762 complaints in the previous 36 months, all of which have been satisfactorily resolved by the company.
Proflowers.com (BBB grade B+) has had 585 complaints in the previous 36 months, all of which have been resolved by the company. However, the BBB cited Proflowers.com for an advertising issue and for failing to resolve the underlying cause of the complaints.
If you are ordering flowers for your mom, the BBB has these tips:
· Check the florist out. You can go to BBB.org to make sure you are dealing with a florist that has a good record for on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
· Get the details right. Before you order, confirm that you have the correct address and phone number for the recipient or your flowers could be delayed.
· Don’t delay. If you want to make sure your mom receives her flowers by Mother’s Day, the BBB recommends that you order as soon as possible instead of waiting until Saturday.
· Pay with a credit card. If the flowers you order are not delivered, credit cards have buyer protections that debit cards, checks and cash do not have.
· Confirm delivery. If you order flowers online from a national floral company, be sure to confirm that the recipient got the flowers on time and as ordered.