If you’ve ever tried to start your car and realized the battery was dead, you know just how disheartening this can be. Not only is it very inconvenient, you start to worry about how much it’s going to cost you to fix it with car maintenance in Charlotte. Luckily, there’s a quick and easy solution for a dead car battery! You can easily jump start your car with a pair of jumper cables and the help of our Toyota Service Center in Charlotte!
Find out how to perform this car maintenance in Charlotte
Having a dead car battery isn’t fun. If you’re ever caught in this predicament, you’ll be happy you know how to jump start a car. We think this is a Charlotte car maintenance every driver should know, which is why we asked the professionals at our Toyota Service Center to share step-by-step direction for jump starting a car!
- First, you’re going to need a pair of jumper cables. You should always keep this tool in the trunk of your car, as you never know when this could happen to you or a friend!
- You’re also going to need a friend to help. This car maintenance can only be done with another working car battery to hook the jumper cables to.
- Once your friend arrives, put the vehicles side-by-side or facing each other. The vehicles should be close enough that the jumper cables can reach both batteries, but not touching!
- Turn off both vehicles completely before you go any further with this Charlotte car maintenance.
Once you’re all set to go, you can start attaching the jumper cables. You want to pay close attention to these instructions, as mixing the cables can cause damage to both vehicles.
- Start with the red jumper cable and attach one side to the positive terminal of working car battery. Then, attach the other side of the red jumper cable to the positive terminal of the dead battery.
- Now, you can move on to the black cables and attach one side to the negative terminal of the working car battery. The other side of the black jumper cable should be attached to a plain metal surface of the car with the dead battery.
- After you attach the jumper cables, you can start the car with the working battery. It’ll only take a few minutes to charge the dead battery. Then, turn on your car and leave it running for at least 10 minutes.
Get affordable car maintenance in Charlotte today!
If your battery is due for car maintenance, visit our Toyota Service Center in Charlotte today! Car batteries typically need to be replaced every 2-3 years. We can test your car battery to see if it has enough charge and replace it for you at an affordable price!
Schedule your appointment by calling our auto service center at (888) 378-1214. You can also stop by at 13429 Statesville Rd. in Huntersville – no appointment necessary. We look forward to helping you get your car in tip-top shape!