Our new Toyota in N Charlotte have extremely positive reputations, thanks to their reliability and superb quality. With over 75 years under its belt, it’s not surprising to learn that Toyota is one of the largest automotive brands in the entire world.
We all know just how astounding the histories of various new Toyota near Charlotte are. For example, we’ve discussed the history of various new Toyota, such as the iconic N Charlotte Toyota Camry. We’re now delving into the history of the Toyota Company!
Toyota of N Charlotte shares the humble beginnings of Toyota
Toyota came to fruition in the 1930s. Creator Kiichiro Toyoda and his father began experimenting with auto engines in their own home. This dynamic duo eventually created a new engine, which led to the creation of the Toyota Motor Company in 1937!
Toyota first created vehicles for the Japanese military. However, this automotive company quickly gained popularity! By 1957, the new Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. made its debut in the good ol’ USA! Toyota established its American counterpart in Hollywood, California and by 1958, new Toyota were being sold on American soil! The Toyopet Crown was the first new Toyota Japanese car sold in America, opening up doors to the whole Toyota lineup! Check out some of these highlights in the Toyota history:
- Toyota really marked its beginning with the introduction of the Toyota Corona in 1966. By 1968, the Toyota Company became the third best-selling import brand in the United States!
- That same year, the N Charlotte Toyota Corolla made its debut in the United States, helping the company gain some attention. This new Toyota continues to be a popular choice—it’s the best-selling car in the WORLD!
- By 1972, Toyota had sold one million units! Three years later, Toyota beat out its competitors to become the best-selling import brand in America! By 1982, Toyota had opened new headquarters in Torrance, Calif. to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
- The addition of the Toyota Camry near Charlotte to the lineup allowed for the brand to grow. This new Toyota became the best-selling car in America and it holds the title to this very day!
- Toyota continued to make a huge impact on the market when it introduced the N Charlotte Toyota Prius. This Toyota hybrid has opened up doors for other hybrid cars available on the market!
All of these highlights led this automotive brand to become the number one selling automotive brand in America in 2008! This brand also became the world’s largest automaker!
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte to meet our new Toyota
As you can see, our vehicles have a rich history and a bright future ahead of them! Get to know our vehicles so you too can be part of the history of Toyota!
We’re located at 13429 Statesville Road in Huntersville, just off I-77 at exit 23! Do you have any questions regarding any of our Toyota options? Give us a call at 888-883-3797 and we’ll be more than happy to assist you!