If you notice a small chip or crack in your car’s windshield, don’t stress! You can easily take your vehicle to our auto body shop in Charlotte for auto repair. Our professionals can take care of the auto repairs your vehicle needs quickly and at an affordable price. However, the one thing you don’t want to do is ignore a crack or chip in your vehicle’s windshield. This can be both a dangerous and expensive mistake!
Leave windshield auto repair to our auto body shop
Like we said, you don’t want put off windshield repair in Charlotte. By overlooking a small crack or chip, you can end up causing even more problems for yourself. Sure, a small chip isn’t a huge issue; however, this chip can cause a crack in your windshield that can grow and make driving very dangerous!
- A tiny crack can cause a spider web effect, which can your view and can be very hazardous! Driving with a cracked windshield is also illegal if it’s obstructing your view, which can land you with a hefty fine on top of the cost of auto repair!
- A cracked windshield is also unsafe because it can shatter at any time. Your windshield is there to protect you and it can’t do a very good job at this when it’s weakened with damage.
- A chipped windshield can sometimes be remedied with cheaper windshield repair in Charlotte; however, you have to replace the entire windshield when the damage is too extensive! This would cost you much more for auto repair than if you got it fixed right away.
Get windshield maintenance tips from Toyota of N Charlotte
If you want to avoid a trip to our auto body shop in Charlotte for auto repair, you need to take good care of your entire vehicle, including the windshield. Here are some car maintenance tips from our Charlotte Toyota Service Center to help you keep your vehicle’s windshield in tip-top shape:
- Use covered parking: Parking your car in a garage can help it stay in one piece because it protects the windshield from falling debris from trees or buildings. It also protects it from vandalism from pedestrians when you park in on the road.
- Clean your windshield and wipers: Keeping anything in good shape requires you to keep it clean. When cleaning your windshield, you don’t want to forget about the windshield wipers. Dirty windshield wipers can end up scratching and damaging your windshield.
- Avoid parking in the sun: When you can’t use covered parking, you want to park in shade. This is because extreme heat can cause your windshield to expand and become weak, which can eventually cause it to crack!
- Don’t slam doors: Another piece of advice to help you avoid needing auto repair in Charlotte is to close your doors gently. Slamming your car door can cause the glass to vibrate and break.
Don’t put off getting auto repair in Charlotte. Stop by today at 13429 Statesville Rd. Schedule your appointment by giving our auto body shop a call at (888) 732-5310.