Postal Employees Treated For Suspected Food Poisoning

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — More than a dozen postal employees were taken to the hospital Thursday morning for suspected food poisoning.  

Officials say emergency personnel were called out to the Charlotte L&DC on Lake Pointe Drive after several employees got sick after eating leftovers from a Veterans Day potluck.  

Approximately 200 employees participated in the potluck dinner Tuesday evening to honor co-workers who are veterans.  Some of the food was refrigerated overnight and several employees got sick after eating the leftovers the next day.  

Officials say approximately 15 postal employees were taken to local hospitals.  Delivery and retail operations will not be affected.