Renaissance Festival Text Club and Ticket Giveaway
September 29 – November 23, 2014
16 Winners: Sixteen winners will receive 2 adult tickets to the 21st Annual Carolina Renaissance Festival, open Saturdays and Sundays from October 4 – November 23 (renfestinfo.com) (ARV $44).
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. WCCB viewers will be encouraged to join the Carolina Renaissance Festival’s Royal Text Club by texting HUZZAH to 45548. ONLY ROYAL TEXT CLUB MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL. Royal Text Club members will be sent ticket giveaway texts according to the following schedule. These texts will each include a unique keyword to text back for a chance to win. Winners will be chosen at random.
Thurs, Oct 2: 2 pairs of tickets given away
Thurs, Oct 9: 3 pairs of tickets given away
Thurs, Oct 16: 3 pairs of tickets given away
Thurs, Oct 23: 3 pairs of tickets given away
Thurs, Oct 30: 3 pairs of tickets given away
Thurs, Nov 6: 2 pairs of tickets given away
Deadline for entries is 5pm on each day tickets are given away. Entry window opens each giveaway day once the keyword text is sent out.
1 entry per person, per giveaway day.
All prizes must be claimed at the station. No prizes will be mailed.
The Royal Text Club will send festival updates to its member up to twice per week. Subscribers may opt out at any time by texting STOP or STOP HUZZAH to 45548. Text and data rates may apply, depending on mobile carrier and contract agreement. Updates will begin on September 30.
ELIGIBILITY: To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of the Carolina Renaissance Festival and its affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period. No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone, mobile or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winners consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner must sign an affidavit/waiver that releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
3) Failure to sign Winner’s Affidavit/Waiver and an IRS W-9 form will result in the forfeiture of prize.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize cannot be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Winner will be notified by text message no later than 6pm on each giveaway day. Prize must be picked up in person by November 14 at 5pm at the WCCB Charlotte studio located at:
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm