Plaza Midwood Fire Ruled Accidental

CHARLOTTE, NC — One person was injured and there were major damages after a two-alarm fire broke out in the Plaza yesterday evening.

It started Monday evening in the basement shared by two businesses: Plaza Seafood and Marvel Beauty School.

One person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

Investigators have ruled it an accidental electrical fire. Damages are estimated to be around $150,000.

We’ll continue to update you as new information comes in. Check for updates on our homepage: www.wccbcharlotte.com.