When you have a busy schedule and routine it’s hard to make time for those small car maintenances. As a good car owner you find time to visit our Charlotte auto service center for an oil change whether it’s before or after work, or even on the weekends. However, there are other things you may find hard to make time for, such as a car wash. Not to mention, getting your car detailed at a professional car wash can be pretty pricey! Our team at our auto service center in Charlotte wants to remind you of the importance of keeping it clean. That’s why we’re sharing tips on how to give your car a good deep cleaning at home.
Charlotte auto service center car detailing tips!
Summer is in full swing and the days just keep getting hotter! So why not take one hot summer day to cool off and give your car a good scrubbing down! Gather the little ones and have them help. This way it’ll be a family fun day. Now, before you get started our Charlotte auto service team wants to ensure you have all the necessary equipment. Check off this list:
- Warm water
- Microfiber cloths
Once you’ve gathered the equipment, you’re ready to start cleaning your ride! Our auto service experts recommend starting from the outside then going inside. So let’s begin by cleaning the exterior of your vehicle.
- Wash – use warm water and soap to get that gump and goo off of your car! Make sure to put in some elbow grease to really get that dirt off of the exterior. You can use a toothbrush to clean the wheels! Once you’ve soaped the vehicle, our Charlotte auto service team recommends rinsing it with water right away. You don’t want to let the soap sit! It can stain the car.
- Dry – Use a dry and clean microfiber cloth to fully dry the exterior of the car. That’s because if you let the vehicle dry on its own, you’ll have water spots all over.
- Wax – Now that it’s clean and dry, apply a coat of wax. The wax helps protect the exterior paint from any damages you may face on the road.
Keep your car feeling squeaky clean with these car detailing tips!
Now that your exterior is fresh and clean, our Charlotte auto service techs are ready to help you clean out the interior.
- Headliner – We never think to clean the roof upholstery of the vehicle, but believe it or not, it gets pretty filthy! That’s why our team recommends getting a microfiber cloth and wiping it down.
- Vacuum – Once you’ve cleaned the headliner vacuum all the nooks and crannies in the vehicle. Get out every possible crump and dog hair from your seats.
- Dashboard – Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe down the dashboard of any dust particles and fingerprints.
Our team high recommends cleaning your car every two to three weeks! If you have any questions feel free to call our Charlotte Toyota service team at (888) 378-1214.