Accused Charlotte Murder Suspect Turns Himself In

UPDATE: CMPD says that William Medlin has been charged with the murder of Lucas Baldwin.

Medlin turned himself in to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office Wednesday, according to officials. He has been charged with Murder and Possession of a Firearm by Convicted Felon.

_____

UPDATE: CMPD says the silver Range Rover associated with William Medlin has been located.

Police are still asking the public for help in finding Medlin. Anyone with information should contact 911.

_____

UPDATE: Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a man wanted for murder in Charlotte.  William Medlin is accused of killing 34-year-old Lucas Baldwin.  Medlin was last seen operating a silver Range Rover with a 30-day temporary plate.  Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call 911.

Original Story Posted June 4th:

CHARLOTTE, NC – Police have identified the victim in Charlotte’s 37th homicide of the year.

Investigators say 34-year-old Lucas Baldwin was shot and killed outside a North Charlotte apartment complex late Sunday afternoon.

He was pronounced dead around 4:00 pm at the Tanglewood Apartments on Wynbrook Way.

For police, it’s something they’re seeing more often.

The department is investigating more than double the number of murders than this time last year.

“Oh, it’s too frequent. There’s no question. We have unfortunately, a lot of people that choose to resort to violence when they feel disrespected, when most people can talk it out, it’s a shame it’s that way.. but it is,” explains CMPD Major Coerte Voorhees.

So far, police have not made an arrest but say they do have an idea of who they’re looking for.

Investigators say they plan to release a suspect description.