Have you ever been so frustrated at traffic or another driver that you saw red? Like other cities, North Charlotte has the occasional driver that experiences road rage. If you feel as though you struggle with road rage, it can be dangerous for yourself and those around you. Did you know that when a driver acts in an aggressive manner, 50% of the time it is met with an aggressive response?
Toyota of North Charlotte wants to make sure you’re safe on the road. That’s why our experts have put together lists on what to do if a driver near you is experiencing road rage and what to do if you’re the one feeling flustered.
Stay safe when dealing with aggressive drivers in North Charlotte
Road rage is usually easy to spot. You can avoid making a driver’s aggression worse by following these tips:
- Give angry drivers their space – The same way that you need space when you’re upset, so do drivers that are angry. Make sure to stay away from their car and give them room.
- Don’t rely on your horn – Most people would agree that the sound of a horn is less than pleasant. Be sure not to use it too often, because this could cause the overall temperament of drivers around you to change into something aggressive.
- Know what to do if someone is tailgating you – If someone is tailgating you, your best option is to practice your defensive driving and move away as soon as possible. Safely change lanes so the person behind you can go about their business.
Prevent road rage with these tips
There are plenty of things that can set you off while you’re driving in North Charlotte. Some of the leading factors that can lead to road rage include:
- Being cut off in traffic
- Being honked at
- Fighting over a parking space
- Being stuck behind a slow driver
- And more!
If you’re feeling on edge while driving, all it could take is one thing to set you off. You can avoid getting road rage by trying to follow these suggestions:
- Just breathe – Sometimes all you need to do is take a deep breath. If you’re feeling frustrated because of North Charlotte traffic, relax, and breathe.
- Make a driving playlist – Practically everyone has an album, band, or artist that just makes them feeling amazing when it comes on over the speakers. Put those songs together in a driving playlist! That way it’ll take a lot more than a person cutting you off to make you act aggressively.
- Plan ahead of time – One of the leading factors that contribute to road rage is traffic. You can never seem to predict how the roads in North Charlotte are going to be. You can try to remedy this by leaving five to ten minutes early. That way to have a bit of a buffer just in case there is some heavy North Charlotte traffic.
Are you looking for more tips to stay safe while driving in North Charlotte? Give us a call today at (888) 883-3797 or visit our website!