Join the WCCB Text Club by sending WCCBVIP to 31403 by 2pm Thursday, April 19th, for a chance to win a 4-pack of tickets to ‘A Musical Showcase’ at the Belk Theater on Monday, April 23rd at 7pm. For tickets and more details, go to blumenthalarts.org.
Created by Charlotte Concerts, A Musical Showcase will feature performances by 14 instrumental and choral ensembles from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Judges will be in the audience and will select three overall winners from the performing groups.
This inaugural awards ceremony will be emcee’d by Jordan Gross, former Carolina Panther offensive tackle, and will include performances by the following school ensembles:
- Alexander Graham Middle School: “Campana”
- Ardrey Kell High School: Wind Ensemble
- Community House Middle School: 8th Grade Band
- David W. Butler High School: Jazz Ensemble
- East Mecklenburg High School & Northwest School of the Arts: Women’s Chamber Choir
- McClintock Middle School: 8th Grade Advanced Chorus
- Providence High School: Chamber Winds
- South Mecklenburg High School: Chamber Orchestra
- Southwest Middle School: String Orchestra
- Torrence Creek Elementary School: Choir
- Waddell Language Academy: Chorus Club
- West Charlotte High School: Chorale Ensemble
- William A. Hough High School: “Howlin’ Huskies”
Windsor Park Elementary: Windsor Park Orchestra
A Musical Showcase is possible, thanks to a generous challenge grant from The Leon Levine Foundation. This competition celebrates musical excellence and provides the opportunity for students and adults to realize that the discipline, self-motivation, and training involved with music endeavors and the joy derived from music truly change a person’s life.
A Musical Showcase Text Contest Official Rules
April 18, 2018
4 Winners: 4 winners will receive a 4 pack of tickets to ‘A Musical Showcase’ at the Belk Theater on Monday, April 23, 2018.
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must join the WCCBVIP text club by 2pm on Thursday, April 19 by texting WCCBVIP to 31403. Between 2pm and 3pm that day, the VIP text club will receive a code word to text back for a chance to win. Winners will be randomly selected at 5pm that day and be notified via text message by 6pm that day with instructions on how to claim their tickets at the station. Tickets must be claimed at the station. No prizes will be mailed.
Deadline to join the WCCB Text Club to qualify for this contest is 2pm on Thursday, April 19th, 2018.
Deadline for entries is 5pm Thursday, April 19th, 2018.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified.
ELIGIBILITY: To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of Blumenthal Performing Arts Center (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period. Any winners under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to complete a W-9 tax form and sign off on behalf of the minor.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winners consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winners will be notified by text no later than 6pm on April 19. Winners must claim prize by 5pm Monday, April 23 at the WCCB Charlotte Studios. No prizes will be mailed.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm