Charlotte Happenings With Moira Quinn
The Queen City has a lot going on this Weekend!
CHARLOTTE, NC — From walking for a good cause to free concerts.. there’s plenty to do in Charlotte.
Moira Quinn from Charlotte Center City stopped by to chat with the couch crew. She broke down what’s happening this weekend.
Friday, May 18
Trade & Tryon
The May 20th Society celebrates Charlotte’s rebellious and visionary spirit and history. The noon Commemoration will include military and Colonial Reenactors, historical readings, cannon firings, and a good ol’ American-style patriotic celebration of who we are as a People.
Saturday, May 19
First Ward Park
Relay For Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, which brings people together to remember loved ones lost, honors survivors of all cancers, and raises money to help the American Cancer Society of Charlotte.
- Opening ceremonies began at 5:15
- There will be a Survivor/Caregiver Walk at 5:45
- Luminarias will be lit at 9 p.m. each one representing a life—a life taken by cancer, a survivor of cancer, or a support for a person still fighting the disease.
May 24-26 (Thursday-Saturday)
Each day starting at noon, festival attendees will gather on Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte to enjoy vendor displays, kid’s activities, racing-related fun and more until 8 p.m. Then local, regional and national headliners will take the Coca-Cola stage located in Romare Bearden Park starting at 6:30 p.m.
Appearances by NASCAR Cup Series drivers:
- Daniel Suarez on May 25
- Austin Dillon and Denny Hamlin on May 26
Free concerts on the Mello-Yello stage:
- Howard Hewett on May 24
- Gump Fiction on May 25
- Chairmen of the Board on May 26
Coca-Cola stage in Romare Bearden Park:
- Judah & the Lion May 24
- Chase Rice and Easton Corbin May 25
- Dustin Lynch and Brett Young May 26