Fire Breaks Out At Idlewild Volunteer Fire Department In Matthews

MATTHEWS, N.C. — A fire broke out at the Idlewild Volunteer Fire Department in Matthews on Friday.

Around 7:30 a.m., Idlewild members at the station heard smoke detectors going off in the administration side of the building. A small fire occurred in one of the offices, officials say.

The Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal responded to assist with investigations. The Mint Hill Fire Department and Matthews Fire and EMS assisted in suppressing the blaze.

The fire was controlled at 7:49 a.m. to the office area. The fire department remains in service.

No injuries were reported and no fire trucks or equipment were damaged during the incident.