Text2Win HBO’s “Sharp Objects” On Blu-ray + Digital
Join the WCCB Text Club by sending WCCBVIP to 31403 by 2 PM Monday, December 3rd for your chance to win HBO’s limited series “Sharp Objects”. Five winners will each get a copy on Blu-ray™ + Digital combo-pack. “Sharp Objects” is available on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital now!
Sharp Objects from HBO Home Entertainment comes to Blu-ray™ and DVD on November 27th. The eight-episode limited series, based on Gillian Flynn’s (Gone Girl) bestselling novel of the same name starring five-time Oscar®-nominee Amy Adams (Arrival), has been called “haunting and riveting” (The Hollywood Reporter). Directed by Jean-Marc Vallée (HBO’s “Big Little Lies”) and created by Marti Noxon (“Dietland”), the Blu-ray™ and DVD will include an exclusive, never-before-seen feature showcasing the creation of the fictional town of Wind Gap.
Set in a small town in southern Missouri, Sharp Objects follows troubled journalist Camille Preaker (Adams) as she returns home to investigate the murder of a preteen girl and the disappearance of another. Trying to put together a psychological puzzle from her past, she finds herself identifying with the young victims a bit too closely.
While Adams delivers a “ferocious” (Vox) performance, the “incredible cast…” (Salon) also includes Oscar®-nominee Patricia Clarkson (“House of Cards”), Chris Messina (“The Mindy Project,” Argo), and newcomer Eliza Scanlen. The series is executive produced by Marti Noxon, Jean-Marc Vallée, Amy Adams, Gillian Flynn, Jason Blum, Nathan Ross, Charles Layton, Jessica Rhoades, Gregg Fienberg, Marci Wiseman, and Jeremy Gold. Also written by Marti Noxon, Gillian Flynn, Scott Brown, Dawn Kamoche, Ariella Blejer, and Vince Calandra.
Sharp Objects Blu-Ray Text Contest Official Rules
November 27, 2018.
5 Winners: Five winners will receive a copy of HBO’s “Sharp Objects” Season 1 on Blu-ray + Digital (ARV $37.99).
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must join the WCCB Text Club by 2pm Monday, December 3rd, 2018 by texting WCCBVIP to 31403. Between 2pm and 3pm the same day, the VIP text club will receive a code word to text back for a chance to win. Winners will be randomly selected at 5pm and sent a confirmation text detailing how to claim the prize. No prizes will be mailed.
Deadline to join the WCCB Text Club to qualify for this contest is 2pm Monday, December 3rd, 2018.
Deadline for entries is 5pm Monday, December 3rd, 2018.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified. One winner per household.
Users can opt out of the WCCB Text Club by texting STOP to 31403 at any time.
ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of HBO Home Entertainment and their affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winner’s consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winner will be notified by text no later than 6pm on Monday, December 3rd, 2018. Winners must claim prize by 5pm on Friday, January 4th, 2019. No prizes will be mailed.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm