Ovens Auditorium will host “The Wizard of Oz” from Tuesday, December 18th to Thursday, December 20th for three shows starting at 7 PM and you can win tickets to the opening night performance! Watch WCCB News Rising on Tuesday, December 18th between 4:30 AM and 9 AM and when you see the keyword you need to enter, text it to 31403 by 10 AM, Tuesday morning. One winner will receive 2 tickets to Tuesday night’s performance of The Wizard of Oz. For more information head to wizardofoztour.com. For tickets head to ticketmaster.com or call 800-745-3000 or visit the Bojangles’ Coliseum Box Office located at 2700 E. Independence Blvd.
This magical production is a celebration of the 1939 MGM movie and will be presented with breathtaking special effects that will sweep audiences away, from the moment the tornado twists its way into Kansas.
Dean Sobon will serve as the Director and previously created the national tours of “Fiddler on the Roof” and “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers”. Amy McCleary will create the magical choreography and was the Director/Choreographer of the national tour of Memphis, the Musical and the choreographer of the national tour of “The Wedding Singer”. The team of Sobon and McCleary will take Dorothy, Toto and their friends the Cowardly Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow “Over the Rainbow” to adventures in Munchkin Land, the Haunted Forest and the Emerald City.
Featuring the classic songs, as composed by Harold Arlen, “Over the Rainbow,” “Ding Dong the Witch is Dead” and “If I Only Had A Brain,” along with the beloved characters, The Wizard of Oz will have the entire family captivated as they travel down the yellow brick road for an unforgettable day at the theater.
Wizard of Oz Text Contest Official Rules
December 18th, 2018
1 Winner: One winner will receive two tickets to “The Wizard of Oz” on Tuesday, December 18th at 7:00 PM at Ovens Auditorium, Charlotte, NC. (ARV $128).
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must watch WCCB News Rising on Tuesday, December 18th between 4:30AM and 9AM to find a special keyword. Viewers will need text the keyword to 31403 to enter the contest. Winners will be randomly selected at 10AM and sent a confirmation text detailing how to claim the prize. No prizes will be mailed. Do not come to the station unless instructed to do so.
Deadline for entries is 10AM Tuesday, December 18th, 2018.
Users will be prompted to join the WCCB Text Club if they’re not already a member.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified. One winner per household.
Users can opt out of the WCCB Text Club by texting STOP to 31403 at any time.
ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of Ovens Auditorium and their affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winner’s consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winners will be notified by text no later than 11AM on Tuesday, December 18th, 2018.
Winners must claim prize by 3PM on Tuesday, December 18th, following the instructions in the confirmation text. If the winner doesn’t respond by the cut off time, the prize will be forfeited and another winner may be chosen. No prizes will be mailed. Do not come to the station unless instructed to do so.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30AM – 5:30PM