Text2Win Pre-screening Passes To See “The Upside”
The Upside stars Nicole Kidman, Bryan Cranston, Kevin Hart and Julianna Margulies
Join the WCCB Text Club by sending WCCBVIP to 31403 by 2 PM Monday, January 7th, for your chance to win an admit-2 pass to a pre-screening of ‘The Upside’ on Wednesday, January 9th at 7 PM at Regal Phillips Place, Charlotte. 15 winners will each receive a pass. ‘The Upside’ opens nationwide on Friday, January 11th.
Director Neil Burger’s The Upside is a heartfelt comedy about a recently paroled ex-convict, Dell (Kevin Hart), who strikes up an unusual and unlikely friendship with a quadriplegic billionaire, Phillip Lacasse (Bryan Cranston). From worlds apart, Dell and Phillip form an unlikely bond, bridging their differences and gaining invaluable wisdom in the process, giving each man a renewed sense of passion for all of life’s possibilities. The Upside also stars Nicole Kidman, Julianna Margulies, and Aja Naomi King. The screenplay for the film is by Jon Hartmere, based on the motion picture Intouchables by Éric Toledano and Olivier Nakache.
The Upside Pre-screening Text Contest Official Rules
January 2nd, 2019
15 Winners: Fifteen winners will receive an admit-2 pass to see an advanced screening of “The Upside” on Wednesday, January 9th at 7PM at Regal Phillips Place, Charlotte, NC (ARV $0).
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must join the WCCBVIP text club by 2PM on Monday, January 7th, 2019 by texting WCCBVIP to 31403. Between 2PM & 3PM the same day, the VIP text club will receive a code word to text back for a chance to win. Winners will be randomly selected at 5pm and sent a confirmation text detailing how to claim the prize. No prizes will be mailed. Do not come to the station unless instructed to do so.
Deadline to join the WCCB Text Club to qualify for this contest is 2PM on Monday, January 7th, 2019.
Deadline for entries is 5PM Monday, January 7th, 2019.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified.
A pass to the pre-screening does not guarantee entry. Seats are filled on a first-come, first served basis. Mobile phones may not be permitted into the pre-screening. Passes are non-transferable.
ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of STX Films, Allied Global Marketing and their affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winner’s consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winners will be notified by text no later than 6PM on Monday, January 7th, 2019.
Winners must claim prize during business hours by 12PM Wednesday, January 9th. No prizes will be mailed. Do not come to the station unless instructed to do so.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30AM – 5:30AM