Join the WCCB Text Club by sending WCCBVIP to 31403 by 9 AM Friday, April 5th, for a chance to win a 4-pack of tickets to ‘A Musical Showcase’ at the Belk Theater on Monday, April 8th at 7 PM. Two winners will each get 4 tickets. For tickets and more details, go to blumenthalarts.org.
Watch a special preview of A Musical Showcase on WCCB News Rising, Friday between 4:30 and 9 AM.
Created by Charlotte Concerts, A Musical Showcase Competition Celebrating Excellence features performances by elementary, middle school, and high school instrumental and choral ensembles in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS). Thirteen ensembles – over 601 students – were selected from blind audios by professional adjudicators. These students represent the BEST and FINEST musical talent. It is a Memorable and fun show and evening! Attendees leave the theater, raving about the beautiful music and the talent of these students.
Performing at the Belk Theater on April 8th at 7:00 p.m.:
- Ardrey Kell High School, Chamber Orchestra
- Bailey Middle School, Bailey Singers
- Community House Middle School, Symphony Orchestra
- Crestdale Middle School, 7th Grade Band
- David W. Butler, Mixed Chamber Choir
- McClintock Middle School, Advanced Chorus
- Myers Park High School, The Myers Park Winds
- Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology, Jazz Ensemble
- Randolph Middle School, 8th Grade Chorus
- River Gate Elementary School, Select Choir
- South Charlotte Middle School, Honors Chorus
- Torrence Creek Elementary School, The Quarter Notes
- West Charlotte High School, Chorale Ensemble
A Musical Showcase is possible, thanks to the generosity of patrons in the Charlotte community. This competition celebrates musical excellence and provides the opportunity for students and adults to realize that the discipline, self-motivation, and training involved with music endeavors and the joy derived from music truly change a person’s life. Support the students, our future!!!
A Musical Showcase Text Contest Official Rules
April 3, 2019
2 Winners: Two winners will each receive a 4 pack of tickets to ‘A Musical Showcase’ at the Belk Theater, 7PM Monday, April 8th, 2019.
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must join the WCCBVIP text club by 9AM on Friday, April 5th by texting WCCBVIP to 31403. Between 9AM and 10AM that morning, the Text Club will receive a code word to text back for a chance to win. Winners will be randomly selected at 12PM-Noon and notified via text message by 1PM the same day with instructions on how to claim their tickets. Tickets must be claimed at the station. No prizes will be mailed.
Deadline to join the WCCB Text Club to qualify for this contest is 9AM on Friday, April 5th, 2019.
Deadline for entries is 12PM Friday, April 5th, 2019.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified.
Users can opt out of the WCCB Text Club by texting STOP to 31403 at any time.
ELIGIBILITY: To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of Blumenthal Performing Arts Center (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period. Any winners under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to complete a W-9 tax form and sign off on behalf of the minor.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winners consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winner will be notified by text no later than 1PM on Friday, April 5th, 2019. Winner must follow the details in the confirmation text to claim the prize. Prize must be claimed during business hours by 12PM Noon Monday, April 8th. Failure to claim by this time will result in forfeiture of the prize and another winner may be chosen. Tickets must be collected from the Station. No prizes will be mailed.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm