CHARLOTTE, NC – Novant Health today announced its physician and clinic growth for the first quarter of 2019 in the greater Charlotte market. Within the three-month time period, the health care system opened 12 clinics and added 15 physicians.
“The population of the Charlotte region is surging, year over year, and our commitment to ensuring our communities have access to care when and where they need it is aligned with this growth,” said Saad Ehtisham, president and chief operating officer of Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center. “At a certain point, you can only add so many beds to an over-capacity hospital or reduce an emergency room’s wait time through efficiency so much. Real improvements come with a healthier population, which is what our new physicians and new clinics will help Novant Health achieve.”
The new clinics include six startups, two of which were newly constructed, three satellite locations and one affiliation.
The services of the 12 clinics range from specialties like neurology and sports medicine to family medicine, including a new pediatric after hours care clinic in Carmel and an urgent care clinic in Mint Hill.
- Oncology Specialists Practice
- Novant Health Neurology and Sleep – South Ballantyne
- Novant Health Neurology and Sleep – Cotswold
- Novant Health Pediatric Sports Medicine – Highland Creek
- Novant Health Pediatric After Hours Care – Carmel
- Novant Health Occupational Medicine – Matthews
- Novant Health Ballantyne Family and Sports Medicine
- Novant Health Austin Village Family Medicine
- Novant Health Primary Care Marvin Creek (newly constructed)
- Novant Health Primary Care Parktowne
- Novant Health Psychiatry – Marvin Creek (newly constructed)
- Novant Health Urgent Care – Mint Hill
The 15 physicians who joined Novant Health from January through March of 2019 provide a range of services, from specialty care to family medicine. Among the new providers is Dr. Mark Pippenger, a board-certified neurologist who is fellowship trained in behavioral neurology. Pippenger joins Novant Health Neurology and Sleep – Midtown, where he sees patients for an array of memory-related problems, including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, Novant Health welcomed the following:
- Dr. Harriet Davis, Novant Health Mint Hill Family Medicine
- Dr. Sharien Mahtani, Novant Health Inpatient Care Specialists, Mint Hill
- Dr. Joseph Foust, Novant Health Primary Care Marvin Creek
- Dr. Shavonda Thomas, Novant Health University City Internal Medicine
- Dr. Mohammad Kasaji, Novant Health-GoHealth Urgent Care
- Dr. Kelly Flett, Novant Health Eastover Pediatrics
- Dr. Chancy Lucas, Novant Health Bradford Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Dr. Holly Smith, Novant Health Child & Adolescent Medical Group – Wesley Chapel
- Dr. Vijay Kumar Talreja, Novant Health Inpatient Care Specialists, Huntersville
- Dr. Mark Siemer, Novant Health Osteopathic and Family Medicine
- Dr. Lisa Jervis, Novant Health Integrative Medicine
- Dr. Pankaj Lamba, Novant Health Rowan Psychiatric Associates
- Dr. David Perry Smith, Novant Health Waxhaw Family & Sports Medicine
- Dr. Samuel Teferra, Novant Health Uptown Primary Care
Ehtisham added, “The addition of these new physicians and clinics do not merely represent an expanded footprint, they represent expanded access throughout Mecklenburg County to advanced, quality care.”
In 2018, the greater Charlotte market saw an addition of 47 start-up clinics, 16 satellite locations and three affiliations.