Teen Charged With East Charlotte Burglary, Attempted Sexual Assault; May Be Responsible For Other Burglaries
The CMPD says it has made an arrest in the case of a recent burglary and attempted sexual assault in east Charlotte that may be linked to a series of residential burglaries.
Police have charged 17-year-old Deeshun Dade with Breaking and Entering, Attempted Rape, Assault By Strangulations, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, and two counts of Assault on a Female.
Dade has at least 12 previous arrests in Mecklenburg County, for an array of crimes.
Authorities say Dade, who is on probation, has a history of violent offenses and was identified through DNA evidence from the Briarhill Drive crime scene on June 27th.
Dade was charged in an armed robbery earlier this year, along with a 15-year-old, who is now charged with kidnapping, robbing and sexually assaulting a college student on June 22nd.
Detectives are trying to determine if Dade is responsible for any other burglaries that occurred within a two-mile area.
Anyone with information about this case or any others should call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600. A $5,000 reward is being offered for relevant information.
CMPD says they “strongly believe” a recent burglary and attempted sexual assault case in east Charlotte may be linked to a series of residential burglaries reported last month.
On Thursday, just before 4:30 a.m., police say a woman awoke to a male suspect who had broken into her Briarhill Drive home and was attempting to sexually assault her. The suspect reportedly struck the victim with a blunt object during an altercation and took off before officers could arrive.
The victim was taken to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries. Police say additional evidence was also gathered.
Detectives say the suspect description matches ones given in five previous burglary cases that occurred during the month of May: black male, thin build, between 5′ 8″ and 6 feet tall.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or 911. A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest in this case.
Original Story (May 13, 2019):
CHARLOTTE, NC — Police say they are looking for a suspect believed to be responsible for five home break-ins early Monday morning.
The crimes all happened within a half-mile of each other, according to CMPD, between about 4:15am and 9:18am in east Charlotte. In four out of the five break-ins, police say the victims were at home.
One of the victims told police she found the suspect in her bedroom after being awoken by her alarm clock.
In each case, police say the suspect entered the home through an unlocked window and took off when he encountered a person.
The suspect is described as a black man, six feet tall, small frame, dreadlocks, and wearing a ski mask and dark clothes.
Anyone with information about these crimes or suspect is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.