YORK COUNTY, SC — The South Carolina Department of Transportation says the bridge over Steel Creek on US 21 Business (Old Nation Road) will close for nine months as part of a replacement project beginning in August.
The project is scheduled to begin at 6:00am on Monday, August 26, 2019 and is expected to last roughly nine months. However, officials say the schedule depends heavily on possible utility conflicts and weather conditions.
Traffic will be detoured for the duration of the project. SCDOT officials say the following detour will be put in place:
- From SC 160 (White Street) keep straight on SC 160 heading west.
- Continue for .7 miles, turn right on to US 21, continue on US 21 for 2.8 miles, turn right onto Springfield Parkway (SC 460).
- From Springfield Parkway turn right onto US 21.
- The detour will utilize SC 160 (White Street), US 21 and SC 460 (Springfield Parkway).
- The net detour length is approximately 4.5 miles.
Officials say the work is being performed by Lee Construction Company of the Carolinas under contract with the SCDOT.