CHARLOTTE, N.C. — On August 6th, YWCA Central Carolinas will be participating in nationwide National Night Out events. National Night Out has a goal of creating stronger relationships between local law enforcement and community members.
YWCA’s event will be from 6pm-9pm at the nonprofit’s Park Road facility (3420 Park Road, Charlotte, North Carolina). There will be outdoor activities like sack racing, larger than life board games, dancing, and music.
Chief Putney, as well as CMPD officers, Charlotte Fire, and the Sheriff’s Office will be present along with various businesses and organizations such as:
- AT&T – a national partner of National Night Out – handing out fun giveaways, popcorn, and cotton candy
- King of Pops – selling pops, with a portion of the proceeds going to YWCA Central Carolinas
- V101.9 – having giveaways all night
- Omega Sports – raffling off sporting goods
- Illusions & Confusions – offering face painting and balloon animals
- Clean Juice; Beverly’s Gourmet Foods; Moe’s – handing out samples
We have loads of fun in store for the entire community, but on top of this, YWCA Central Carolinas will be hosting a station that supports our transitional housing participants. In honor of Charlotte’s 250 years, YWCA is collecting 250 messages of encouragement and support for the women and families of the Women in Transition and Families Together programs.
Individuals can write their messages at August 6th’s National Night Out event or online at ywcacentralcarolinas.org.