CHARLOTTE, N.C. (News Release) – Comedy in Charlotte will once again take center stage when the 3rd annual Queen City Comedy Experience hits Uptown in September with more than 30 comedy shows in one week.
Produced through a partnership with Queen City Comedy, The Comedy Zone and Blumenthal Performing Arts, this one-of-a-kind comedy festival will highlight national celebrities and local and regional acts.
The comedy festival will take place September 22 – 28 at Spirit Square in Uptown Charlotte, as well as at The Comedy Zone and Ovens Auditorium. The announcement was made by Cale Evans, Co-founder and Producer of the Queen City Comedy Experience.
“This funny festival continues to grow, and we could not be more excited,” said Evans. “In addition to featuring national touring headliners, we will once again shine a spotlight on some of the burgeoning talent from Charlotte and across the Carolinas. This year, we received more than 200 submissions and we feel confident that we have a schedule that will be of great delight to all comedy lovers. It’s going to be a fun time.”
Blumenthal’s Spirit Square will host stand up, improv, sketch, podcasts, short film and more. Two art galleries within Spirit Square will be transformed into mini clubs to add additional performance spaces to accommodate the large variety of offerings. Some highlights of this year’s festival include:
- Nate Bargatze at The Knight Theater on September 22nd
- Comedians Jeff Ross and Dave Attell combine their fine‐tuned comedic forces to share the stage as co-headliners of their show Bumping Mics. Fresh off their popular Netflix series of the same name, Ross & Attell team up to bring stand‐up, audience participation and a style only these two headliners can to one of the funniest live shows you’ll ever see. Taking place at The Knight Theater on September 25th
- Sebastian Maniscalco at Ovens Auditorium on September 25th & 26th
- Kevin McDonald (The Kids in the Hall) performs a live old-school variety hour that features famous friends, musical acts, new sketches, and uninhibited tomfoolery! Live recording of his podcast Kevin McDonald’s Kevin McDonald show at The Duke Energy Theater on Thursday September 26th plus shows on Friday and Saturday
- Ben Mandelker and Ronnie Karam discuss all things Bravo, including recaps of shows, gossip and shadiness in their popular “Watch What Crappens” podcast. Coming to The McGlohon Theater on September 26th
- Hari Kondabolu at The McGlohon Theater on September 26th
- Improv legend Charna Halpern will conduct workshops at The Duke Energy Theater on September 28th. She’ll be talking about the history of improv in shows on Friday and Saturday night.
- Jon Reep at The McGlohon Theater on September 27th
- The Plastic Cup Boyz at The Comedy Zone Thursday through Saturday.
- Doug Benson records his movie-loving podcast Doug Loves Movies at The Comedy Zone on September 28th
- Take your Queen City Comedy Experience to another level and join us for a live recording of Fortune Feimster’s next comedy special! Fortune Feimster, the Southern comic who hails from North Carolina, has been making quite a name for herself as an actor, stand-up comedian, and writer since moving to Los Angeles in 2003. In fact, Variety named Fortune one of their “Top 10 Comics to Watch” in 2014, and she has been reaching new heights ever since. We’re honored that she chose the Queen City Comedy Experience for the live recording of her comedy special. Two shows at The McGlohon Theater on September 28th
- A Joke-related World Record attempt on Tuesday September 24th
- Regional and local favorite comedians perform in standup, improv and sketch showcases Wednesday through Saturday
- Family-friendly shows
- Comedy workshops and seminars and more!
For additional information, and to find out where to purchase tickets for shows taking place during the Queen City Comedy Experience, click here.