Celebrity Chef: Lacey Caroline
Kid actress, host, and singer Lacey Caroline heats up the Rising Kitchen with her signature gouda & bacon mac n’ cheese.
Gouda and Bacon Mac & Cheese Recipe:
Prep time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6-8
1 lb. elbow macaroni
6 oz Gouda cheese, shredded
1 package fully cooked Bacon (chopped/crumbled) (You can use 6-8 slices of bacon fresh cooked, as well)
3 T butter
1 3/4 cups milk (2%)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or as much as you want!)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 T Flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the elbow macaroni as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour to the butter and cook it until slightly thickened. Stir constantly with spoon or risk.
- Add the milk to the flour and butter mixture as well as a dash of salt and pepper. Continue to stir this mixture until it gets hot and thickens.
- Remove from heat and add in the shredded cheese, stirring until fully melted. Stir in the crumbled bacon pieces.
- Poor the cooked pasta into a large, greased casserole dish.
- Pour the melted cheese mixture over the pasta and mix together well.
- Sprinkle the top of the pasta with parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until bubbly and brown.