Text2Win “Looking For Alaska” Limited Series On DVD
Based on author John Green’s (“The Fault In Our Stars”) award-winning first novel of the same name.
Based on author John Green’s (“The Fault In Our Stars”) award-winning first novel of the same name, LOOKING FOR ALASKA will debut on DVD April 21, 2020 from Paramount Home Entertainment. With a 92% average Tomatometer and 93% average audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, the limited series was embraced by critics and viewers alike when it debuted on Hulu in October of 2019. The 3-disc DVD set includes all eight episodes, plus over 40 minutes of fan-centric bonus content, including 18 never-before-seen deleted scenes and two featurettes that incorporate an exclusive interview with John Green.
LOOKING FOR ALASKA follows Miles “Pudge” Halter (Charlie Plummer) who is searching for a deeper perspective on life and decides to enroll at the boarding school Culver Creek Academy. He finds a loyal group of friends and falls in love with Alaska Young (Kristine Froseth). After an unexpected tragedy, the close group of friends tries to cope with everything they’ve been through and find some answers along the way.
Text FRIENDS to 31403 by 9 PM Thursday, April 30th for your chance to win the limited series “LOOKING FOR ALASKA.” Four winners will each get a copy on DVD. “Looking For Alaska” is available now on digital, DVD and Blu-Ray™.
“Looking For Alaska ” DVD Text Contest Official Rules
April 28, 2020.
4 Winners: Four winners will receive a copy of “Looking For Alaska” on DVD (ARP $19.99).
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must text the word “FRIENDS” to 31403 by 9 PM Thursday, April 30th. Winners will be randomly selected at 9 PM and sent a confirmation text detailing how to claim the prize. No prizes will be mailed.
Deadline for entries is 9 PM Thursday, April 30th, 2020.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified. One winner per household.
If the user is not already a WCCB VIP Text Club member, they will be prompted to join and will receive up to 2 messages/requests.
Users can opt-out of the WCCB Text Club by texting STOP to 31403 at any time.
ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of Paramount Home Entertainment and their affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winner’s consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winners will be notified by text no later than 10 PM on Thursday, April 30th, 2020 with instructions on how to claim the prize. Please don’t come to the station unless instructed to do so.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
(Closed on holidays)