Text2Win A Virtual Pre-Screening Pass To See “Songbird”
From Michael Bay, the producer of "The Purge" & "A Quiet Place," "Songbird" releases on Premium VOD, Friday, December 11th
In the terrifying thriller SONGBIRD, the COVID-23 virus has mutated and the world is in its fourth year of lockdown. Infected Americans are ripped from their homes and forced into quarantine camps known as Q-Zones, from which there is no escape, as a few brave souls fight back against the forces of oppression. Amid this dystopian landscape, a fearless courier, Nico (KJ Apa), who’s immune to the deadly pathogen, finds hope and love with Sara (Sofia Carson), though her lockdown prohibits them from physical contact. When Sara is believed to have become infected, Nico races desperately across the barren streets of Los Angeles in search of the only thing that can save her from imprisonment … or worse.
The first feature film to be made during COVID-19 in Los Angeles, and about the pandemic itself, SONGBIRD also stars Bradley Whitford and Demi Moore as a wealthy couple who may hold the key to Nico’s mission; Alexandra Daddario as a singer enmeshed in a messy and forbidden affair; Paul Walter Hauser as a disabled veteran whose best friend – a drone named Max – is his eyes and ears to a world that has left him behind; Craig Robinson as Nico’s boss; and Peter Stormare as the corrupt head of the city’s “sanitation” department, which seizes those infected and transports them to the Q-Zone.
For your chance to win a pass to watch a virtual promotional screening of Songbird – at home, text LOCKDOWN to 31403 by 9 PM Tuesday, December 8th. 20 winners will each get a pass to watch Songbird online at 7 PM on Wednesday, December 9th via STXtickets.com. Songbird is available on Premium Video On Demand, Friday, December 11th.
Important note for winners:
Winners will receive a unique link for the screening. RSVP’ing for the pass and registration with STXtickets.com is required. One hour prior to start time (6PM on December 9th), registered users will receive an email from STXTickets.com with a link to jump into the queue to watch the movie. This will check you in and claim your virtual “seat” – you do not need to stay online once you are checked in. Songbird will begin at 7 PM. The pass is only valid for this promotional screening, and can not be exchanged for any reason.
Songbird Digital Pre-Screening Text Contest Official Rules
December 7th, 2020
20 Winners: Twenty winners will receive a pass to a virtual promotional screening of “Songbird” on Wednesday, December 9th at 7 PM via STXtickets.com (ARV $0).
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Viewers must text the keyword LOCKDOWN to 31403 by 9 PM Tuesday, December 8th, 2020. Winners will be sent a confirmation text detailing how to claim their pass after the contest closes. No prizes will be mailed. Do not come to the station unless instructed to do so.
Deadline for entries is 9 PM Tuesday, December 8th, 2020.
One entry per person; any duplicate entries will be disqualified.
Entrants will be prompted to join the WCCB Text Club if they’re not already a member.
Users can opt-out of the WCCB Text Club by texting STOP to 31403 at any time.
Virtual passes and the online screening will be fulfilled by STXtickets.com.
Winners must register and RSVP to the virtual screening via the unique link sent to the winners as soon as possible. One hour prior to the movie’s start time (6 PM), registered users will receive an email from STXtickets.com with a link to jump into the queue to watch the movie on their computer. This will check the user in and claim their virtual “seat.” Songbird will begin at 7 PM. Passes are non-transferable.
ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. To win, you must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of North or South Carolina. No employee of STX Films, Allied Global Marketing and their affiliated artists and promoters (“Sponsor”) or WCCB-TV (“Station”), their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees, or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Charlotte Nielsen DMA or Charlotte Arbitron ADI are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
No responsibility is assumed by WCCB, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, or other providers for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
1) The winner’s consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees from any and all liability and claims.
4) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
5) Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity of the contest in any manner.
6) Winners will be notified by text no later than 10 PM Tuesday, December 8th, 2020.
Winners must follow the details in the confirmation text to claim their pass. Prize must be claimed during business hours by 5 PM Wednesday, December 9th, 2020. Failure to claim by this time may result in forfeiture of the prize. No prizes will be mailed. Do not come to the station unless instructed to do so.
One Television Place
Charlotte, NC 28205
Hours: M-F 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM