CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Looking for places in the Charlotte area to get tested for COVID-19 or not sure where to go if you have an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine?
Mecklenburg County Public Health offers a COVID-19 Testing Site Locator on its website that assists the public in finding testing sites in Mecklenburg County.
Several medical providers in the Charlotte area offer COVID-19 testing:
Providers and Locations include:
- Novant Health
- Central Piedmont Community College (Harris Campus), 3216 CPCC Harris Campus Dr.
- Atrium Health
- Click here for the location and hours for the Atrium Health Mobile Coronavirus Testing Center
- Tryon Medical Partners
- 630 Matthews Township Parkway (in the former Rite Aid building)
- 900 East Morehead Street (in the former Art’s BBQ building)
- American Family Care
- 10102 Johnson Road, Charlotte, NC 28210
- 4128 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205
- Indian Trail
- 14001 E. Independence Blvd, Suite C, Indian Trail, NC 28079
- 1908 E. Franklin Blvd, Suite 100, Gastonia, NC 28054
Other providers include:
- StarMed Healthcare
- FreeMore Location
- 4001 Tuckaseegee Rd, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Eastland Location
- 5344 Central Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28212
- FreeMore Location
- Wellness of North Carolina (Offers rapid COVID-19 testing)
- 13521 Steelecroft Pkwy, Suite B, Charlotte, NC 28278
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- CVS Health
Mecklenburg County Public Health announced that they will be opening additional appointments for the first three weeks of February for Groups 1 and 2 based on anticipated vaccine supply. Appointments will be available for scheduling beginning Jan. 21 at 8:30 a.m.
Earlier this month, Public Health updated its vaccination plan to align with new federal and state recommendations (as recommended by current guidelines). Because vaccine supplies are currently limited, the vaccine distribution is being rolled out in phases.
Group 1 includes healthcare workers with current in-person patient contact and long-term care staff and residents.
Group 2 includes anyone 65 years or older, regardless of health status or living situation.
Public Health is opening February appointments for the first dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine for Groups 1 and 2 based on the anticipated vaccine supply.
Instructions for making appointments are available at MeckNC.gov/COVID-19.
Eligible Group 1 and 2 members may make a first dose appointment online at https://booknow.appointment-
Phone appointments may be made by calling 980-314-9400 and selecting Option 3. If you leave a message MCPH will attempt to return the call within 24-48 business hours.
Vaccinations for Mecklenburg County residents will take place at Bojangles Coliseum, 2700 East Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28205 | Map
Enter from Briar Creek Road (exit 244 off East Independence Blvd). Park in sections 10-15 for nearest access.
If you are a Novant Health or Atrium Health patient:
- Schedule your vaccination online through MyAtriumHealth. This is the easiest way to book your appointments.
- Or call 704-468-8888, select Option 1, then Option 2.
- You will receive a notification through your MyChart account, prompting you to schedule an appointment. Patients who do not have MyChart are encouraged to sign at MyNovant.org.
- If you do not have access to MyChart or have not received communications, you can call 855-648-2248 for scheduling assistance.