Learn To Fish In Fayetteville This April
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Trained volunteers and staff with the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission will lead participants through a series of fishing workshops this April 2021, teaching everything from the fishing basics to surf fishing, fly-fishing, and more.
Officials say the workshops will be held at the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission’s Pechmann Fishing Education Center in Fayetteville, N.C, and a North Carolina fishing license is not required to take any of these classes.
All participants are required to pre-register here or call 910-868-5003.
Officials say the April workshops will adhere to the Center’s COVID-19 policies, and the class schedule is as follows:
- April 7th: Fly-fishing Basics from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (virtual class only)
- April 13th-14th: Introductory Fishing for Adults from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- April 15th: Basic Fishing Knots and Rigging from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- April 16th: Surf Fishing Workshop from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- April 17th: BOW Fly-Fishing Workshop from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ($20 per person, women’s only class)
- April 22nd: Fly-tying Forum from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. (in-person and virtual here)
- April 24th: Basic Rod Building Course from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.