CHARLOTTE, NC (news release) — All Novant Health vaccination sites are now open to walk-in appointments, as supply allows.
You can receive your COVID-19 vaccine at the following walk-in locations:
- Novant Health Medical Group – Hanes (196 Hanes Mall Circle, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) is open Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group – East Mecklenburg (6070 East Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28212) is open Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group – Freedom Drive (3149 Freedom Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208) is open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group – Huntersville (17220 Northcross Drive, Suite 110, Huntersville, NC 28078) is open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group – Salisbury (J.F. Hurley YMCA 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W Salisbury, NC 28147) is open from Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This location will be open on Saturday, May 8 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You do not have to be a Novant Health patient to make an appointment. If you already have a vaccine appointment, you are able to walk in or reschedule for earlier vaccination.
Pfizer appointments are available for everyone who is 16 years and older. Moderna appointments are available for everyone who is 18 years and older.
How to schedule:
While walk-ins are now accepted, Novant Health continues to encourage people to schedule an appointment:
- If you have a MyChart account, appointment availability can be accessed under Visits -> Schedule an appointment.
- If you do not have a MyChart account, you can schedule at GetVaccinated.org.
NOTE: MyChart is the best way to schedule an appointment. Anyone can create a MyChart account by visiting MyNovant.Org.
Is the vaccine free?
Yes. All COVID-19 vaccines are free for every individual, including those who do not have insurance.
Is identification required?
No. Individuals will not be asked for any identification, proof of residency or insurance information.
Can you bring someone with you?
Yes. Individuals who need to bring someone with them to their appointment are allowed to bring one visitor. Note: all people entering a vaccination clinic will go through a screening. Anyone with a fever or who is exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms will not be permitted inside.
How long will my vaccination take?
Novant Health encourages everyone to schedule an appointment to help reduce potential wait times. However, most vaccination clinics do not have wait times and the length of the visit includes registration, vaccine administration and observation. Most patients will be monitored for 15 minutes. Anyone with a history of anaphylaxis will be monitored for 30 minutes.