CATS Hosts Free “Ride With The Music” Concert Series
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — CATS officials say they are partnering with Arts+ to bring live music to various CATS locations on Friday evenings in May beginning Friday.
The free Ride with the Music concert series will kick off on May 7th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at CTC/Area Station featuring the hip hop artist Yung Citizen, according to transit officials.
“Ride with the Music was launched in October 2020 to provide entertainment to Charlotte’s transit-dependent front-line workers,” said CATS CEO John Lewis. “We’re excited to once again partner with Arts+ and connect with community members who are returning to transit.”
Officials say Ride with the Music will highlight local performers across a variety of musical genres.
“Arts+ is thrilled to work with CATS to showcase some of Charlotte’s most talented musicians and provide quality entertainment to local residents and commuters. We look forward to continuing this partnership and introducing more ways to provide exceptional music and visual art experiences for the community,” said Devlin McNeil, President and Executive Director of Arts+.
Officials say the concert schedule is as follows:
- Friday, May 7th, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- CTC/Arena Station.
- Featuring hip hop artist and inspirational rapper: Yung Citizen.
- Friday, May 14th, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- East/West Station.
- Featuring Americana string folk band: Piedmont Temperance Movement.
- Friday, May 21st, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 36th Street Station.
- Featuring electro soul singer/songwriter: Jason Jet.
- Friday, May 28th, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 7th Street Station.
- R&B singer/songwriter: KeAndra Davis.