CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Cool off this summer as the spraygrounds open to the public in Mecklenburg County from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
Officials say community members are invited to escape the heat and play in one of the eight spraygrounds located in the county from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, constructed with fun water features you can run through.
Officials say facilities with spraygrounds include:
- Clarks Creek Community Park, 5435 Hucks Road
- Captain Jack, Elizabeth Park, 1100 E. Trade Street.
- Cordelia Park, 600 E. 24th Street.
- First Ward Park, 309 E. Seventh Street.
- Latta Park, 601 East Park Avenue.
- Nevin Park, 6100 Statesville Road.
- Romare Bearden Park, 300 S. Church Street.
- West Charlotte Recreation Center, 2401 Kendall.