Newest Lidl Store To Open In University Area On June 16th
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (News Release) — Lidl announced its newest store is set to open in Charlotte, North Carolina on June 16th. The new store is located less than two miles from the city’s University of North Carolina at Charlotte campus.
A grand opening event will take place on Wednesday, June 16, at 7:40 a.m. Located at 615 West Mallard Creek Church Road, the store will operate from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday. The opening of the new store will mark Lidl’s ninth in the Charlotte area.
“Sending sincere wishes for a very successful grand opening of the newest Lidl store in the Mallard Creek area,” said Julie Eiselt, Mayor Pro Tem of Charlotte. “The Lidl store openings throughout Charlotte have truly been and will continue to be so beneficial to our citizens. Again, my heartiest congratulations!”
Grand Opening Event Details
At the Charlotte grand opening, customers will be able to take advantage of get-them-while-you-can grand opening special offers at the new store. The first 100 customers will be presented with a special gift card ranging from $5 to $100 each. Shoppers can enter to win a $500 Lidl gift card and take advantage of special giveaways.
Lidl has been repeatedly recognized for its shopping experience. For the second consecutive time, Food & Wine Magazine recently ranked Lidl among its Top 10 U.S. Supermarket rankings – ahead of retailers like Trader Joe’s and Costco. A study from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School observed that prices on Lidl’s award-winning assortment were up to 45 percent lower than nearby national grocers.
When entering the Charlotte store, shoppers can also expect to experience the following:
World-Class Shopping Experience
- Shoppers will save time and money each week with Lidl’s award-winning assortment and highly attractive prices.
- The new food market will be a newly-built store with an easy-to-shop layout that will mean a faster and more convenient shop for customers. The U.S. EPA has recognized Lidl stores for their environmentally-friendly designs.
Quality Without Question
- Healthy, responsible choices, including hundreds of organic and gluten free products.
- American products – the majority of the high-quality products in Lidl’s assortment are proudly sourced in the U.S.
- Unique, European specialty items ranging from hard-to-find cheeses to authentic specialty sauces, cured meats, and more.
- Award winning foods– Lidl’s private label products have won more than 500 awards and counting!
- Lidl recently took home dozens of awards from Sommeliers Choice Awards and the New York International Beer Competition for its private label beers and wines.
- The Lidl Love it Guarantee– A logo that guarantees customer satisfaction; shoppers love the product they buy – or they are entitled to a refund, and a replacement.
Surprise and Delight
- Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of food and non-food specials brought in each Wednesday for a limited time, keeping the shopping experience exciting and new. The rotating non-food selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, outdoor furniture, and more.
Committed to Fresh:
- Lidl produce is brought in fresh each day and features more than 100 high quality fresh fruit and vegetable options at low Lidl prices.
- All Lidl flowers are guaranteed fresh and beautiful for five days at a minimum, with roses and lilies guaranteed for seven.
- Lidl’s fresh bakery will greet customers at the entrance of the Charlotte store.
Focused On Our People:
- Lidl offers wages and benefits for its team that are above the industry standard in every market in which it operates.
- Lidl offers healthcare coverage to all team members, including those working part-time, regardless of the number of hours worked.