Concord Mills Implementing Youth Supervision Policy Starting July 30
CONCORD, N.C. — Concord Mills announced Tuesday that they will be implementing a Youth Supervision Policy that will begin on July 30.
Under the new policy, all visitors under 18 must be accompanied at all times by a parent or adult, age 21 or older, after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
“Concord Mills is committed to providing a pleasant and family friendly shopping environment for all guests. The program is in response to feedback from the community and community leaders, as the center reinforces its commitment to the community to provide a pleasant, family friendly shopping environment,” a spokesperson for Concord Mills said in a news release. “We are establishing a Youth Supervision Policy as an enhancement to our existing safety plan and to deter activity that is disruptive to our community.”
Guidelines for Guests and Employees at Concord Mills under the age of 18:
- Guests under age 18 are required to be accompanied by and remain with a parent or adult, age 21 or older, at all times after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Unsupervised guests under age 18 must leave the property by 3 p.m. on Fridays or Saturdays or immediately be joined by a parent or adult age 21 or older.
- Acceptable proof of age may be required for the youth or adult. Individuals who lack acceptable identification, or do not abide by the shopping center’s Youth Supervision Policy will be asked to leave the property.
- Acceptable identification includes a state-issued driver’s license or ID card, a military ID, a school ID card, or a passport. The identification must include a photograph and date of birth. Those without acceptable identification will be denied entry or asked to leave the property.
- One adult may accompany up to four youths. All accompanied youth must remain with the adult at all times.
- Adults are responsible for the actions of all of the youth they accompany.
- Store employees under the age of 18 may continue to work within their store during Youth Supervision Policy hours. Mall employees under 18 must adhere to the Youth Supervision Policy if their work shift ends during policy hours.
For more information, click here.