Fire At Charlotte Airport Declared Accidental, Passengers Safely Relocated

The Latest:

Investigators have declared a fire that broke out at a Burger King in the Atrium of the Charlotte Airport on Wednesday as accidental.

Investigators say the fire originated in the restaurant’s hood system ventilation duct, over the grill area.

Original Story (3/23/22):

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Wednesday.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Chewy (@iamchewy5)

CLT Airport officials say the kitchen fire is in the Atrium area and passengers have been safely relocated to the concourses.

The roadway in front of the terminal is currently closed to traffic for emergency crews, according to a news release.

Officials say the fire is now under control as arrivals and departures continue.